Pre Tattoo Advice
Get The Tattoo You Deserve! Over 15,000 Unique Tattoo Designs
-- Recommended Product --
When planning your tattoo you might like to consider the following:-
- Size: We have a maxim in the tattoo world that big is definitely beautiful. Basically, this means, go as big as you dare. The reason being that your tattoo will look better for longer the bigger it is – simple!
- Cost: Getting a tattoo is a serious commitment and should not be undertaken lightly. Once you’ve decided what you want (and how big and where!) DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE PRICE!! If the cost comes out slightly higher than you thought, go home and save up, your body is definitely worth that extra dollar, so get what you want not what you can afford!
- Pain: The pain involved in the tattooing process is not pleasant, but neither is it unbearable. If you really want the tattoo, the pain won’t be a factor. Ignore all the horror stories you may have heard, being tattooed is a personal experience that is different for everybody. You’ll probably be pleasantly surprised and wonder what all the fuss was about! Remember, pain is fleeting – ink is forever.
A few other considerations you need to bear in mind before your sitting:-
- Be on time
- Make sure you’ve eaten. Getting tattooed on an empty stomach can make you feel dizzy or a bit queasy. Bring a soft drink and sweets with you – they can help to raise blood sugar levels if you become faint – also tattoo artists like sweets!
- Do not have an excess amount of alcohol or other intoxicating substances the night before your appointment. It can greatly affect the outcome of your tattoo and of your tattooing experience
- Be clean. Have a shower and deodorise – tattooing “the unclean” is not an option!
- Do not bring along children. Your tattoo artist cannot be responsible for childcare – generally no-one under 18 is allowed in the work area.
- Please don’t ask how to get started in the business. It is not the “done thing” within the industry to give information and advice to anyone wishing to tattoo for themselves – apart from “get an apprenticeship”).
- And don’t forget – tattoos are “addictive”!!
~~ oOo ~~